I love entrepreneurship and am very fond of the idea of creating things, being in charge and having the ability to truly chase your dreams. I have had an entrepreneurial mindset since my early high school years. Right out of high school while in college I started my very own limousine business (check it out here www.vancouverluxurylimos.com). It is just the way I was wired. For all you aspiring entrepreneurs out there, here are several great tips I can offer that will surely help you experience more success (I live by them). I guarantee it. For those who aren’t entrepreneurs yet are still motivated and driven, these concepts are still very applicable to you so if you haven’t already, don’t skip over this article!
1. Challenge Yourself Everyday. Simple as that. Partake in activities that push you whether it be a physical one such as working out or a mental one such as listening to an audiobook. The more you challenge your body and mind the easier it will be to overcome difficulties and obstacles that take place in your business.
2. Make Sure You’re Passionate. If you want to be an entrepreneur or continue to do so please know that it isn’t easy. If you are going to pour every ounce of your blood, sweat and tears into a business or an idea, make sure it is something you care about with every fiber of your being. Otherwise it will not be worth your time and there will be a good chance that you will give up.
3. Surround Yourself With Winners. You are a product of your own environment. Those you hang around most will have the largest influence on you (pretty obvious huh.. well most people don’t seem to get this). If you are ever the smartest person in a room, you are in the wrong room. Be with people who have what you want that can teach you things.
4. Have A Vision. Without a vision, you are a chicken running around aimlessly with its head cut off. An entrepreneur is someone who has a vision or idea for something and a passion to create it and turn it into a reality. Your vision could be a certain product or service you want to create or even a goal or lifestyle that you have for yourself.
5. Learn From Your Mistakes. I hate to say it, but as an entrepreneur you are going to fail a lot. It is just apart of the gig. What sets the average people from the great ones is the ability to take a failure and learn from it. The less you repeat a mistake the better, especially when it comes to your business. If you should’ve raised more capital on your first round of funding, make sure you overdue it and have an abundance during your second round of investments.
6. Have A Why. Make sure you have a why (a reason for what you do) that is tangible and written down. Know it like the back of your hand. Your why is what will wake you up in the morning an extra hour early. It is what will push you to work harder and longer. Make sure that it means a lot to you and is close to your heart, otherwise it won’t motivate you.
7. Take Massive Action. Everyone has great ideas, but hardly anyone acts on them. If you are a talker, quit talking and start doing. Do something everyday to make your vision or goal more of a reality. Do not get miscellaneous, busy activities mixed up for money making, character and relationship building ones. Everyday you wake up, decide to give it all you’ve got and then just do it.
These pointers are valuable. They are not special hidden secrets, they are simply things that most people don’t do as much as they should. If you apply these skills, concepts and mindsets your entrepreneurial journey will change for the better.