Did you know that 1 out of every 10 verses in the gospel (books: Matthew, Mark, Luke, John) has to do with money! That truly does show its importance. Whether you are a christian or not, the Bible’s teachings are authoritative and helpful. There are over 2000 verses in the bible about money. It obviously matters. I retrieved the following points when a business owner/partner in Spokane, WA invited me to his church.
Money matters in a number of big ways.
- Need money to provide for current needs.
- Need money to provide for future needs.
- Need money to provide for others needs.
- Luke 16:9-13 is a great verses about money. Look it up, it is worth your time!
- If you’re dishonest in little you will be dishonest in much.
- Use your money to make friends so that when you die you can be welcomes Into heaven. Therefor use your money in a way that makes God happy.
- If you don’t handle money well then why would God give you something bigger to handle?
- All money belongs to God. Whether you give, spend or save.
- It’s not just your money that belongs to God but it’s all of you and your life.
- God is the owner and we are the managers.
- Money can do a lot of good. But it’s easy for us to forget that it’s just a tool.
- Money is a great tool but it makes a lousy god.
- Money is neither good nor bad. It’s just a tool. But it can be used for good or bad.
- Money is a tool but it’s a power tool. And power tools come with warnings on them.
- Luke 16:13. Again, have a look at this verse!
- You can’t serve both God and money. Someone or something has to be the most important to you.
- Money can keep you from God.
- 1 Timothy 6:9-10, money is not the root of evil but the love of money is the root of evil.
- The most important thing is to Love God with all you have and next loving people. God and people are greater than money.
- You can pile up money, fame, achievements but if you don’t love God and people then you are poor with the true riches.
- If your treasure is here on earth that is risky. They rot and perish.
- Build treasure in heaven and the two things we know that are in heaven are God and people.
When you meet God are you going to know him as a friend and savior, or as a stranger. Be rich with God before money. I hope what I learned in a Church service one day can be of as much help to you as it has been to me. These principles have enhanced my life greatly. Yes, money is significant but God and people are so much more important. Incase you missed the last article on finances and how to make more of it in a healthy way, take a look here!